ACT Highland Dancing
ACT Highland Dancers perform traditional highland dance steps as prescribed by the Scottish Official Board of Highland Dancing. Our dancers are experienced performers with many having competed successfully overseas and performing at international events and tattoos. Lessons are offered at various locations across Canberra. Dancers are available to perform at local events.
- ContactScotty Boyd
Burns Club Social Golf
- ContactBill Nicholson, Chairman
- Visit Burns Club Pipe Band Website
Burns Club Pipe Band
Established in 1928 as the Burns Club Pipe Band the Burns Club Pipe Band has competed throughout Australia with great success.
- ContactMark O’Neill
Burns Club Snooker Club
- ContactScotty Boyd
Burns Club Darts
- ContactTom Wallace
Burns Club Social Fishing Club
Canberra College of Piping and Drumming
Established in 1998 to teach bagpipes and drums and promote pipe band music in the Canberra district.
- ContactMarg Hackett, Secretary/Booking Officer
- Visit City of Queanbeyan Pipes and Drums Website
City of Queanbeyan Pipes and Drums
The Queanbeyan Pipes and Drums is lead by Pipe Major, Richard Harris.
The Band sees itself first and foremost as a Community band providing free performances for the Queanbeyan Community and where appropriate within Canberra and the surrounding area.
The Band also considers being involved and supportive of other local Bands and their activities is important to the cultural growth in the region.
The Queanbeyan Pipes and Drums will once again be holding their Annual Ceilidh next year on Sunday 3rd March 2012 in Queanbeyan at the Bicentennial Centre, Crawford Street from 11am to 4pm.
The Band will be inviting local and Country NSW Bands to be involved with us on the day.
- ContactAnthony Cutting, President
- Visit Murrumbidgee Football Club Website
Murrumbidgee Football Club
We are an amateur Australian Rules Football club based in Canberra, Australia with sides competing in the AFL Canberra Division 2, 3 and Women's Football Leagues.
Royal Scottish Country Dance Society, Canberra & District Branch
The RSCDS and other Scottish country dance groups meet weekly from February to November for enjoyable, physical and mental dance activity. Classes are available every week day at various locations around the city.
Scottish Australian Heritage Council
- To foster within the Commonwealth of Australia that heritage brought to Australia by Scottish immigrants.
- To maintain within Australia the heritage of Scottish Australians including music, literature, culture, language and history.
- To encourage the continued use and survival of Scots Gaelic.
- To remind Australians of the Scottish heritage of their ancestors and to lift the perception of this Scottish heritage in Australia.
- To promote and organise events which aid in the preservation in Australia of Scottish music, literature, culture, language and history.
- To support and to help other Scottish organizations with same objectives.
- To join in the celebration of Scottish festivals celebrated internationally including Tartan Day.
- To promote liaison between groups and societies in Australia which promote or celebrate Scottish Heritage.
- To encourage, support and promote the genealogical and historical research and study of Scottish ancestry by individuals, families, clans, and other Scottish societies.
- To hold events to lift the perception and recognition of Australians of Scottish heritage including, whenever possible, a week of concentrated Scottish events, including Sydney Scottish Week.
Tuggeranong United Football Club